Vulcan Engineering Co.
Vulcan Engineering Co. was established in 1970 and dedicated itself to the metalcasting and heavy industrial world markets. The company was started by, and is still managed and staffed by, foundry people who came from operations, engineering and maintenance. As a foundry engineering, equipment and installation supplier, we offer solutions from our knowledge of your processes and daily challenges.
Vulcan is the largest in-house design, manufacturing and installation company in North America. The manufacturing facility, based near Birmingham, Alabama, includes design, fabrication, machining and assembly in our 500,000 square foot under roof facility. We offer several brands that produce quality equipment such as Fox® Finishing Equipment, Action® Robots and Manipulators, VTS™ Robotic Manipulators, Donovan™ Rollovers and Mold Handling, Mid-West Machine™ Metal Conditioning Equipment, Truflo® Mold Handling Lines, and much more.
Vulcan will work with you to develop specific equipment or systems for your application, or to provide equipment from our vast array of foundry-designed standard equipment. As a leading company in Lost Foam Systems and Equipment, we offer solutions from our “expertise backed by experience”. Whether your need is a single piece of equipment, or a complete turn-key concept-to-completion project, consider Vulcan Engineering Co. for your next project.
Vulcan Engineering Co. provides industry leading systems and equipment utilised in the manufacture of castings through the Lost Foam process. A world leader in Lost Foam casting systems, Vulcan Engineering can provide the design, manufacture and installation of the specialised systems for Lost Foam Casting Systems including:
- Investment Casting systems featuring modern improvements in control technology
- Engineering Development, Design and Project Management
- Bead Pre-Expansion and Storage Systems
- Bead Moulding Systems
- Pattern Gluing and Assembly Systems
- Manual or Robotic Pattern Coating Cells
- Pattern Aging and Drying Ovens
- Specialised Foundry Lines and Flasks for Lost Foam Casting
- Automatic Cluster Insertion System
- Flask Filling and Vibratory Compaction – Vulcan Vector Flo® Systems
- Pouring Cup Manipulator
- Pouring Lines
- Vacuum Pouring System
- Automatic Cluster Extraction
- Casting Quench System
- Sand Handling, Cooling and Re-Cycling System
- Post Cast Dump Stations
- PLC Controls
- Manual or Robotic Post Cast Cutting and Grinding Cells
- Project Management of Complete Foundries
Please contact us. On our website you will find a list of our worlwide representatives. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.